How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
I am running testdisk on a surface with windows 10 analysing a 1 terrabyte seagate expansion disk in raw state. Twice I have gone in to deep search and twice it has got to around 84% and suddenly disappeared. The surface is on full power and told never to switch off. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it a problem with the disk? Each search has taken about 3 days to get to the 84% mark is that too long? Sorry but new to all of this.I know the data is there as a trial recovery shows the data and confirms the raw state.Trying a third search and not looking at the log as I don,t want it to glitch again.
Not tried 7.1 yet as I had set the disk up for yet another deep search on the current version. Surprisingly it seems to be going slightly faster - currently at 23% since 3:00 pm yesterday and is finding bad sectors so will let this one run and try 7.1 if it fails again.