How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I tried to access an internal drive with windows 7 from a laptop, externally through usb, said dynamic drive, not possible to access.So I change the dynamic drive to basic with testdisk, but it turned out raw. Then I repaired boot sector, boot sector and backup bootsector ok. but still raw drive. Then try to repair MFT, mft and mft mirror are bad, unable to repair them. All my data is fine saw through "getbackdate", I would like to repair the mft so I can access the drive but how??
- Site Admin
- Posts: 5307
- Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
- Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
Try Repair MFT using TestDisk 7.1-WIP. If it failed, you can use PhotoRec to recover your data but it will not recover the original filenames. You can also use a commercial program like GDB...