Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:10
I have a broken hard disk, which Photorec still seems to be able to read (partially). One of the files I really want to recover is my personal bookkeeping file of the last years.
I have created the extension file, based on the two examples attached, and put it in the home directory, as well as the current directory, but fidentify returns 'unknown' when run on the files.
Tha application is WinBank: http://members.quicknet.nl/marcel.jansen3/
The content of the file 'photoreq.sig' is
example1 is attached
example2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/602 ... RBEELD.WBD
Anybody got any tips?
- (13.18 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4183
- Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
- Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest