Using PhotoRec to recover lost data
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
I was pretty annoyed when I woke up today to check on the brute force session I'd run all day, only to find that the PC had gone to sleep. Pretty much every other forensic tool I've used programmatically disables sleep temporarily and re-enables it when finished, so the user doesn't have to. Could PhotoRec (and perhaps TestDisk) implement this?