How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
1 post • Page 1 of 1
TestDisk is a great piece of software! I had mistakenly flashed a linux installation image on a USB external hard drive rather than a USB stick (those damned letters in /dev/sda-b-c ), so I feared my NTFS partition and data had gone forever. Instead thanks to TestDisk I recovered the partition, and now I'm happily backing up the recovered data.