my external USB drive went RAW the other day and I tried running TestDisk to see what can be salvaged. TestDisk, however, does not detect the drive, whereas it shows up as RAW in Windows disk management. (See Screenshots below)
I'd greatly appreciate any help you could offer in recovering the drive or any data on it. If there's any further information you need, please let me know! Also apologies if this question has been answered before. I tried navigating through the forum but couldn't find anything that specifically relates to my case.
Here are some further notes:
- The drive was disconnected from my Windows PC (Win7 64Bit) while it was in hibernation, and thereby not safely unplugged. (I know... )
- All other drives are listed correctly (see screenshots) even my other external USB drive "Guerillero" (disk E).
- I've tried running TestDisk from my work laptop (Win 8.1) as well, but the drive was also not detected.
- Windows offers me the possibility to safely unplug the device.
- I've read about connecting the drive directly to the mainboard by SATA, but I'm anxious to pry open the casing as there are no screws to remove it safely.