Using TestDisk to undelete files
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 15 Jan 2017, 16:46
Recently I lost some folder content and I was able to recover it using this tool (a big thank you!), anyway I get with some ideas to make more easy to browse the files to undelete (in case of a large list, I got over 90000):
- To have a search by word over the list
- To have a filter by extension
- To order the list by date
I don't know if this features are already in the new beta version, if is the case please ignore me
or delete this post...
Cheers and thank you!
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4388
- Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 15:08
- Location: Le Perreux Sur Marne, France
When undeleting files from NTFS, you can press 'f' to filter by name and/or extension. Several filters can be applied. Use 'r' to reset all filters.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests