How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
When asking for technical support:
- Search for posts on the same topic before posting a new question.
- Give clear, specific information in the title of your post.
- Include as many details as you can, MOST POSTS WILL GET ONLY ONE OR TWO ANSWERS.
- Post a follow up with a "Thank you" or "This worked!"
- When you learn something, use that knowledge to HELP ANOTHER USER LATER.
Before posting, please read https://www.cgsecurity.org/testdisk.pdf
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
I'm at my wits end on this. Living in Florida we have a lot of power surges and I do believe this is where the problem started. I have a Seagate 500g External HD which is my backup drive. I Tried to open it and got a message stating that it is non-accessible from windows 10. Opened disk management and it said at first unallocated, then later on I ran the program again and it said working and it is in a Raw file format. Today ran disk management and said it was Raw. I don't know, maybe both? I have ran several programs EaseUS, M3 Raw drive recovery, Minitools. They all say I do not have a lost partition. I also ran Seagate diagnostic program, which crashes on me every-time when scanning the external HD. Know I'm running Testdisk and when I ran Analyses it came up with No partitions. I continued the scan and right now it's scanning the cylinders. It reading right now 15/60800 00%, Read error 14/243/36 (1ba-###### ). This is changing in a slow manner. what can I do to get my files,program and Pics from this drive or im I out of luck.