How to use TestDisk to recover lost partition
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 05 Aug 2012, 19:35
I have a MacBook Pro with two partitions set up on the hard drive--one for the OS and another for DATA. Last week, I decided to upgrade to the latest OS Mountain Lion by erasing and installing the system on the OS partition. Although the install went fine, I noticed my DATA partition was missing. Here are additional details about this missing partition and some of the steps I've taken:
- In Disk Utility, the drive showed up as "disk0s4" and would not mount. The drive capacity was corrected. I tried to perform a "repair disk", but nothing would happen.
- I created a recovery boot CD with several tools, including Testdisk. When I quickly "analyze" the drive, it comes back with 4 partitions, one is my OS partition, but I have no clue what the other two are.
- Doing a "deep" analyze, I get a strange list of partitions with crazy characters.
My only interest is to recover files on the DATA drive. I've tried several disk recovery tools that search the drive for files, but I've never been able to find a single file on the missing DATA drive.
I would appreciate any help or suggestions. I can upload any log files or whatever is needed to help.
- Posts: 2836
- Joined: 18 Feb 2012, 17:19
- Location: Ludwigsburg/Stuttgart - Germany
A screen shot during search doesn't have as much significance.
I'd need a screen shot from the results.
Please upload a screen shot from your partition tbale type, right after you selected your disk.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests